Composition: Each 1g contains: Streptomycin sulphate 1000mg. (eq. to streptomycin base 798.2mg) Withdrawal time: Pre - ruminating calves meat: 2 days Broiler chicken : 4 days
It is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal tract infection caused by Escherichia and salmonella spp. susceptible to streptomycin.
Dosage & administrations:
-Route of administration : orally via drinking water.
- Pre-ruminating calves:27.5 - 41.3 mg of the product /Kg b.wt. for 3-5 days (i.e. 275-413 of the product/liter drinking water).
Warnings & precautions:
- Not to be administer more than 5 days.
- Animals to be treated must actually be drinking enough water of provide the recommended lever streptomycin
Contra - indications:
- Not to be used in animal hypersensitive to streptomycin.
- Not to be used in animal with renal failure.
- Not to be administer with bacteriostatice antibiotic, muscle relaxant, diuretics & other compound such as calcium gluconate and riboflavin.
Allergic reactions such as rash, eosinophilia, fever, dermatitis, stomatitis, & even anaphylactic shock. In infants, there may be malabsorption.
Stored in dry place at temp. not exceeding 30º C to be used immediately after opening & reconstitution.
Each 1g contains: Streptomycin sulphate 1000mg. (eq. to streptomycin base 798.2mg)
- streptomycin is a bactericidal antibiotic belongs to aminoglycocide group.
it produces its antimicrobial activity by binding to 30S ribosomal subunit of the organism resulting in inhibition of microbial protein synthesis.
- streptomycin has activity against Gram + ve bacteria such as Actinomyces bovis and G -ve bacteria such as E- coli, Klebsiella spp., Shigella spp., Proteuss spp., yersinia spp., Campylobacter spp., Pastuerella spp. & Haemophilus spp. and Mycobactirium spp
Pre - ruminating calves meat: 2 days
Broiler chicken : 4 days