Composition: Each 1g contains: Streptomycin sulphate 626.39 mg. (eq. to strepomycin base 500mg)
It is used for the treatment of
Calves: gastrointestinal tract infection caused by Escherichia and salmonella spp. susceptible tostreptomycin.
Broiler chickens: Non-specific infectious enteritis caused by organisms susceptible to streptomycin
Dosage & administrations:
Route of administratin : orally via drinking water.
Calves: 100-40 mg of the product/kg.b.wt every 12 hour for 4-3 days.
Broiler chickens:0.06-0.04g of the product kg b.wt for 5-3 days(i.e.0.6 - 0.4 g of the product liter drinking water).
Warnings & precautions:
- Not to be administer more than 5 days
- Animals to be treated must actually be drinking enough water to provide the recommended level streptomycin
Contra - indications:
- Not to be used in animal hypersensitive to streptomycin.
- Not to be used in animals with renal failure.
- Do not be used in checkens producing eggs for human consunption.
No side effect in the recommended dose.
Calves meat : 2 days.
Stored in dry place at temp. not ecxeeding 30C to be used immediately after opening and reconstitution.
Each 1g contains:
Streptomycin sulphate 626.39 mg. (eq. to strepomycin base 500mg)
Streptomycin is bactericidal belongs to amainoglycocide group. It produces its antimicrobial activity by binding to 30S ribosomal subunit of the organism resulting in inhabition of microbial protein synthesis. streptomycin has activity against G-ve bacteria including E-coli, salmonella spp, & shigella spp